What's new

RT-AC68 USB Hub

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NomadTech

Occasional Visitor
Is usb hub only enabled on the USB 2 port? I cannot see any drive if USB 3 is connected to the USB 3 port, but works in USB 2. Using Asus-Merlin 374-39 (great firmware by the way).

Last edited:
Not sure what your AC68 is supposed to do with two sticks.
My RT-AC66U recognizes both ext2 formatted USB Sticks as mnt/sda1 and as mnt/sdb

Edit before I even post this: I realize you use USB 3.0
Well...

Not sticks but hard drives. One at a time works in the USB 3 port, but do not work togather through the USB 3 hub in the USB 3 port. They do work in the in the USB 2 port. HUB works with laptop so it's good. I was wondering if USB hub support is only available in the USB 2 port in the 374-39 Merlin firmware or if it's something I can try to make it work. Also, size is reported wrong with hub but corect without.

Last edited:
It should work. I have 2 hdds connected to a hub which is then connected to the usb 3 port and everything works great. I'm on the latest version, but my setup also worked on the previous one.

Are your hard drives and hub USB 3? Also, are they connected with a USB 3 cable to the USB 3 port?

Yes, both my drives are usb 3 and they are connected with usb 3 cables to the usb 3 hub, which is then connected to the usb 3 port on the router. My drives are Seagate Backup Plus and my hub is one of the cheapest usb 3 hubs from Amazon.

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue. Could you tellme the model of your HUB? I've tried everything I could think of and could not make it work.