What's new

RT-AC68P internet speed tops out at 300Mbps on Gig connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Eric_in_AZ

New Around Here
I have a RT-AC68P connected to an Aaris 3.1 DOCSIS modem on a 1G link where the internet test speed from the router GUI will not go over 300Mbps. However, my laptop, XBox and other wired nodes that connect through the router (or directly connected to the modem) show 1Gig speeds when tested. The wireless also seems to top out close to 300Mbps even when there is only one node on the 5G band; not sure if this is related or not.

I have rebooted the router, reset to factory settings, updated the firmware, swapped to the Merlin firmware, then back to the most recent ASUS firmware, swapped out uplink cable for a new CAT6 cable; the issue persists.

Is this just a graphical bug or is there something else going on? Has anyone else had this issue?

Is this just a graphical bug or is there something else going on? Has anyone else had this issue?
This is a known limitation of the router's built-in speed test for that model. Ignore it and use the speed test on your PC.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!