What's new

RT-AC68P VPN client, but keep internet traffic local?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clappe

New Around Here
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.376_2104

I am using this router for its PPTP VPN Client functionality to connect a small remote office to the main office. This works fine, but it's routing all the internet traffic through the VPN and then through the main office's internet connection.

Is there a way to keep the internet traffic 'local'? The internet connection at the remote office is much faster than at the main office.

When I used the VPN client built into Windows10 I just had to uncheck "Use default gateway on remote network", but I don't see a setting like that on the RT-AC68P.

I know I'm not running the latest firmware. I made the mistake of updating the previous RT-AC68P I had to the latest firmware and it lost internet connectivity completely when the VPN client was connected. And apparently Asus 'locked' the newer firmwares and I could not go back.

Thanks for the help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!