What's new

RT-AC68R firmware upgrade path

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

danrfxz

New Around Here
Hello everyone, I've been a longtime lurker on this site, and all of you have been a fantastic resource for help over the years.

I have a RT-AC68R that's actually still running 378_9135. I have two questions regarding upgrading this to a more recent firmware:

1 - Can I jump straight to the most recent firmware, or do I need to step through 1 or more intermediate releases?

2 - Does anybody have any thoughts on using RMerlin's most recent firmware vs the most recent ASUS (380.7743)?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, and be prepare to do a factory reset if something goes weird after.
I was sent this by an Asus rep this week re. the newest AC-68 firmware release .7743 ;"We are receiving some reports about the .7743 about being unstable but we are currently working on it."
After having no trouble with the previous version .7738, I had problems with the .7743. So had to revert back to the .7738. But now I'm having instability with the .7738; and currently trying to stabilize that. I lose the ability to connect to Download Master through the 192.168.1.1:8081 port; and DM loses internet connection. I've tried factory reset, using new SSIDs; the problem remains.

So although I'm currently having troubles with .7738; there were several months where it was working fine and stable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!