What's new

RT-AC68U 3.0.0.4.382.18547

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Without source code this is useless.

Yes.

When will be released source code?
The GPL 382.18547 source code for RT-AC68U will probably be released on Thursday, November 16, but I could be wrong.

I hope that Asus releases source code soon.What's Asus email contact to asking when source code will be released?

I went back to stock with this release, I think that makes the most sense until Merlin can get to the 382 code base.
If your router is used in default mode (router) then there is no issue to worry about with KRACK other than your clients. Only affects repeater and bridge mode. So Merlins code would be fine if you are in that mode and prefer to use it over stock.

Last edited:
What's Asus email contact to asking when source code will be released?

I already contacted them a week ago. They are sorting through a few issues, some related to the firmware and some to the GPL archive itself. No ETA when they will have a fixed version available.

Hows the firmware?
You know I realized that I don’t really take advantage of any of the added features of Merlin anyway (Entware, OpenVPN, etc.)... so I feel like until Merlin gets 382 it makes more sense (for me) to stick with the latest stock.

I already contacted them a week ago. They are sorting through a few issues, some related to the firmware and some to the GPL archive itself. No ETA when they will have a fixed version available.

Should we bug them with emails? ;)