What's new

RT-AC68U 386.3_2 immeadiate logout upon clicking Administration/System tab.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frankjbrown

New Around Here
Wanted to enable SSH so I attempted to navigate Administration/System. Immeadiately upon clicking the System tab, the logon screen displays. The system auto updates and is currently at 386.3-2. I reinstalled the OEM firmware and experienced the same issue. Performed a factory reset, then reinstalled ASUSWRT-MERLIN. Reconfigured WAN and other parameters bring AC68U back online. Changed admin id/password. Only default services and settings other than WAN and DHCP settings. Reboot and Login, navigate Administration/System. Immediate logoff again. Anyone have any ideas, advice or solutions?

Maybe the web interface is crashing because of bad data. Are you using any non-alphanumeric characters in your user names or passwords?

Maybe the web interface is crashing because of bad data. Are you using any non-alphanumeric characters in your user names or passwords?
No, User-id is just a 5 character name and then pass contains a string of digits and upper and lower case characters. no spaces nor special characters. The login is successful and I can perform any other function/action within the interface.

What browser are you using? What extensions have you enabled on it? Try another browser with no extensions.

Are you using a saved backup config file?

Can you use a different client device to test with? There may be an issue with the one you're using.

Have you tried simply rebooting the router, waiting 15 minutes for it to settle after it has booted up, then trying again?

What browser are you using? What extensions have you enabled on it? Try another browser with no extensions.

Are you using a saved backup config file?

Can you use a different client device to test with? There may be an issue with the one you're using.

Have you tried simply rebooting the router, waiting 15 minutes for it to settle after it has booted up, then trying again?

Laptop OS is Kubuntu 20.10, Browser is Firefox 94.0 , very few extensions, but some. I did not use a backup config but instead reconfigured manually. rebooted router several times and allowed the 15 minutes. So I tried again using BRAVE browser ( a chromium based browser). It worked as expected. So wonder what's up with FireFox. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!