What's new

RT-AC68U AI Protection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

banger

If I turn on AI Protection, I have to turn off Intrusion Detection as it falsely identifies a program on my PC, DSLStats which connects to the modem via telnet to get modem stats every minute and plot graphs. It identifies it as a medium bot Telnet Admin threat. Is there anyway to whitelist it as it isn't actually going out to the internet its just going locally to 192.168.2.10?

If I turn on AI Protection, I have to turn off Intrusion Detection as it falsely identifies a program on my PC, DSLStats which connects to the modem via telnet to get modem stats every minute and plot graphs. It identifies it as a medium bot Telnet Admin threat. Is there anyway to whitelist it as it isn't actually going out to the internet its just going locally to 192.168.2.10?

The MAC filters (allowed or blocked) are for WiFi only and only apply to MAC addresses. If your PC is connecting via WiFi you can try whitelisting that MAC address, but as to whether or not the firewall will allow the activity is another question.

It sounds like this is not an issue of the computer being labeled a threat, but that individual action, which implicates the firewall. If that is the case, you might instead want to look at Firewall > Inbound Firewall Rules. Of course that implies the router is allowing the outbound act by your PC but forbidding the inbound data from your DSL modem back to the computer.

Sky

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!