What's new

RT-AC68U AiMesh bad wan port.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flyingwolf

Occasional Visitor
I am running 4 68U's, 1 master, and 3 mesh clients spread out around the house. All are running Merlin on 384.19 (and I know I need to update, need to wait for the kids to finish school tonight).

2 of the mesh clients are on a cable backhaul while 1 is wireless.

Recently after a power cycle, one of the ones on a cable backhaul now shows as being on a wireless backhaul.
I have checked the wiring, it reads as good, changed out the wire just in case, switched out power supplies and all, the only possible item left is the WAN port has died, which I am now reading seems to be somewhat common.
Through my reading it looks like I can enable dual wan and choose one of the LAN ports as a new WAN port, however, I do not seem to be able to directly go to the router as each time I try I am redirected to the AiMesh master router and cannot change the settings on the slaves.

Is there a way I can remote into the AiMesh slaves and change settings or will I need to take it offline, hook it up to a laptop directly and work with it offline like that?

Alternatively, is there a known reason or fix for the WAN port just up and dying?

I have like half a dozen of these routers and the LAN/WAN ports seem to be the most fickle things ever, I have one with only LAN ports 2 and 4 working, 1 and 3 seem to be dead. I have another with all but 1 LAN port working.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

I just purchased 2 RT-AX86U's one of them I got thru Best Buy came out of the box with a bad WAN. Contemplating sending it back but don't need the WAN as a node and enjoying the AImesh network so haven't yet. I should at least call and see if they will send a replacement out.

I just purchased 2 RT-AX86U's one of them I got thru Best Buy came out of the box with a bad WAN. Contemplating sending it back but don't need the WAN as a node and enjoying the AImesh network so haven't yet. I should at least call and see if they will send a replacement out.
If yours is DOA send it back, not sure what this comment has to do with my question though.

Alright, everything has been updated and is stabilized.

The WAN port is still dead.

Is there any way to enable Dual WAN on an AiMesh Node without removing it and directly connecting to it to make the changes then adding it back?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!