What's new

RT-AC68U: AiProtection, IPTV and PPPoE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

magura

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have a problem with lastest versions of firmware (3.0.0.4_384_xxxx)

Since 10007, they fixed NAT throughput drop issue that affected my connection speed through PPPoE. Now, the speeds are ok as long as the IPTV is off. When I turn it on, the speed is dramatically reduced.

I have observed that:
  • In this situation if I turn off the AiProtection function, the speed tunrs into normal. RAM and CPU comsuption is also decreased.
  • If I turn on AiProtection, the speed is stable until I change the channel on TV, or I turn off and on the IPTV.
  • Again, turning off AiProtection makes the speed turns into normal speeds.
I use the "Movistar triple VLAN" profile on LAN-IPTV menu. This behavior occurs only with "live" IPTV (multicast UDP strams?) and not with VOD streams.

Also, I can say I have IGMP snooping on.

Someone else have the same problems?

Regards

Last edited:
Hey, @arthurlien... maybe you can have a look here... RT-AC68U is one of the best selling models of Asus in Spain market, specially, for one of the most important operator (Movistar), with a dedicated profile in AsusWRT (triple VLAN).

Thanks in advance.

Hey, @arthurlien... maybe you can have a look here... RT-AC68U is one of the best selling models of Asus in Spain market, specially, for one of the most important operator (Movistar), with a dedicated profile in AsusWRT (triple VLAN).

Thanks in advance.

Can you send feedback with system log, wifi log and cfg file by Feedback function? Please add your nickname@SNB and this post URL in description field.

Hi.

The same thing happens to me as magura.

In my case I have an RT-AC68U_B1 router and I have already sent feedback through the router's function system.

Thank you very much for the efforts for its solution.

Last edited:
Did anyone get any feedback from ASUS? I logged a similar ticket on BT IPTV and apart from an acknowledgement email I have still not heard anything back.

HB

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!