1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC68U all LAN and WAN ports not working

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by ilya980, Apr 23, 2019.

1. ilya980

ilya980 New Around Here

Hi,
    I recently got another RT-AC68U and none of the LAN and WAN ports are working. I tried various firmware and also looked at the output of
    nvram show | grep vlan.*ports | sort
    nvram show | grep port.*vlans | sort
    and
    nvram show | grep vlan.*hwname | sort

Did not see anything suspicious.
    When I plug cat5e cable into laptop the NIC green light is solid, yellow light is blinking and respective LAN blue light on the router is blinking. But PC never gets and IP address, the network stays "unidentified" and number of received RX packets is always 0 in the status panel. Forcing PC's IP to 192.168.1.1 did nothing.
    Same thing with WAN. The router seems to never talk to the modem and never gets an IP address.
    Is there anything else I can try? Can bad firmware or CFE flash destroy/disable LAN/WAN ports? Otherwise the router seems to run fine, but only as a wireless repeater.

Thanks.

2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

Sounds like this was a previously used router?

I would recommend following my M&M Config guide, please see the link in my signature below.

Specifically, I would reset the router to factory defaults, enable and proceed with the format the jffs partition on next reboot option, perform a WPS NVRAM erase, flash the latest firmware available for the router (I would recommend RMerlin's Asuswrt fork) and then repeat these steps once more (yes, even reflashing the same firmware). That should bring your router to a good/known state which doesn't seem to be the case right now.

3. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

And you would have to use a different IP on PC as 1.1 is used by the router, try with 192.168.1.10.

L&LD likes this.