What's new

RT-AC68U and firefox locking up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

banger

Anyone having problems accessing the GUI in firefox on the RT-AC68U? It will randomly lock up when router.asus.com is in the address bar but if I put the router's IP it is fine. Trouble is FF keeps changing the IP to router.asus.com and it locks up or times out. Edge is fine for the moment keeps the IP. Any clues?

Anyone having problems accessing the GUI in firefox on the RT-AC68U? It will randomly lock up when router.asus.com is in the address bar but if I put the router's IP it is fine. Trouble is FF keeps changing the IP to router.asus.com and it locks up or times out. Edge is fine for the moment keeps the IP. Any clues?

Try a different browser. MS Edge on Win10 works fine.

OE

On which FIRMWARE?

Not Firefox changing the address. It is the router that redirects from the IP address to the URL router.asus.com. Does this with the Asus factory firmware. Merlin firmware dosen't. I have used Firefox for years with both Asus and Merlin firmware with no issues. However, you may find clearing the browser cache helps. Or refreshing the page from the router by pressing the shift key and clicking the refresh curvy arrow.
Microsoft Edge is just a glorified version of Chrome and has its uses. But about as much as Internet Explorer.

Edge and chrome are datamining spyware.

Both New MS Edge and Google Chrome are built on same Chromium... so basically the same except for their individual Big Data customizations. Don't log a browser into an MS or Google account to keep them from collecting your data/habits.

I consider MS Edge to be the lesser evil. Now that it's basically as good as Google Chrome and is the default Windows browser and isn't of Google, there is no need to install another browser... one less thing to hassle with.

OE

Last edited:
On which FIRMWARE?
Current Version : 9.0.0.4.386_41994-g769f84f

It seems that when I type router.asus.com in Edge I get DNS Probe error. Wonder if this has anything to do with DoH to Cloudflare?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!