What's new

RT-AC68U best way to update to the latest firmwire

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kaz

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have currently 384.5 Merlin running, It is big leap to 384.17. What method should I follow to successfully update it. (clear nvram) Thanks

Make sure you have a good current list of your settings. Flash it and see how it works. :)

If there are any problems, ask here first, but be prepared to do a full reset. :)

If you need further details, please use the link in my signature below for the M&M Config to get your router so too a good/known state. :)

HTH. :)

Thanks for quick reply, I will have to save the settings and backup JFFS partition. Lets see how it goes.

Yes, I meant a text copy of the settings. :)

Not as a way to put the settings on the router. :)

looks l

looks like it going to be long process.
So, with this approach , the main intention of it is less of headache correct?

Less headache in the long run, because you took the proper steps.

The entire process, only takes about 15min. First time doing these steps, will take about 30min, because you have to learn all the steps which includes installing software on your computer.

Personally, I take screen shots or take pics with a cellphone.
there are many pages/tabs, it will be lot of pictures :(
also for some of settings, like static ip list, is there any easy way to backup and import? re-figure out all of those are not easy since some of them only show MAC address.