What's new

Solved RT-AC68U Custom DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jsarcone

Occasional Visitor
I have installed RT-AC68U; 386.3_beta3 have added custom DNS entries in /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add a long time ago and it was working fine. I did update this this build and had gotten NVRAM low, and these DNS entries weren't working correctly. Did all the basic items did a reset. Put everything back manually. However, the DNS queries for the local devices still don't work. I have a DMZ as well then it doesn't work either

nano /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add
address=/Name1.domain1.local/192.168.0.2
address=/Name1-DMZ.domain1.local/172.24.0.0

**Save**
service restart_dnsmasq

Still doesn't resolve the name.

Inernet->[Router]-->DMZ (DMZ Device)-->[Asus 68] ->Local network

Please, let me know if I'm missing something thank you.

I have installed RT-AC68U; 386.3_beta3 have added custom DNS entries in /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add a long time ago and it was working fine. I did update this this build and had gotten NVRAM low, and these DNS entries weren't working correctly. Did all the basic items did a reset. Put everything back manually. However, the DNS queries for the local devices still don't work. I have a DMZ as well then it doesn't work either

nano /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add
address=/Name1.domain1.local/192.168.0.2
address=/Name1-DMZ.domain1.local/172.24.0.0

**Save**
service restart_dnsmasq

Still doesn't resolve the name.

Inernet->[Router]-->DMZ (DMZ Device)-->[Asus 68] ->Local network

Please, let me know if I'm missing something thank you.
How is this related to Connmon or is there something you are trying to do with connmon?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!