What's new

RT-AC68U Dead - Are Asus UK Support ok?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JamesK

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

As per the title. I came home last night to find my RT-AC68U unresponsive. Only the Power LED and WAN & LAN LEDs lit. USB and Wireless both off.
Tried power cycling it, followed by Device Discovery utility. Finally tried holding the reset while powering on the unit. The Power LED just stayed lit rather than flashing as Asus documentation says should happen. As a result firmware restoration utility couldn't find the device either. All of this tried from a laptop connected via a cable with a static IP address assigned.

I've sent Asus a support e-mail via their website, giving full details of the problem and what I've tried to fix it.

Has anyone had experience of Asus support in the UK? Am I better to try phoning them? I was just wondering how much of a smooth experience this will be, or possibly a complete nightmare!

Obviously if anyone else has any other suggestions on what I can try to fix it myself I'm open to try them.

Many Thanks... James

I never got any particularly satisfactory response from them.

They claimed my RT-AC87U issues were due to my wall mounting the unit. Apart from that, they have never come back with any useful or practical advice, apart from saying that the second line team would look at the case. No further response received.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!