What's new

RT-AC68U dropping out on transfers with latest firmwares

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

craig young

New Around Here
Hi, as the title states, the latest two firmwares are causing a complete loss of network activity. I am trying to transfer about 50Gb of small files from my Synology NAS to my PC SD card. After a while the whole network goes down, ethernet and wifi, although I can still see the 5g wifi it does not connect to internet.
Never had any issues before, the router is working in conjunction with my Telstra NBN g/w in bridged modem mode and has been fine for 8months. The only recent changes in my network was the addition of a pi gen 1 running pi-hole but this should not affect anything.
I have rolled back to 380.64_2 and will see how it goes.

It died on this one also, went back to my Telstra modem and completed the transfers without issues. Not sure if the router is on the way out, pity as I really like it and can't afford another atm.

Did you do a factory reset and re-config at absolute minimum and the testing it?
Enabled services like AIProtection could be the cause for the drop outs - memory shortage could be the root cause.

Another thing to look at are UPNP devices (like Sonos) which could also make troubles when you update the router as they get confused and spam the network with their requests (at least this was the case in the past).

Last edited:
Thanks Joegreat, I will try your suggestions and report back. I have never had any issues with upgrades before in the past but will give it a shot.

Tried all those suggestions, unfortunately transferring 50gb today from my nas to my sd card in the surface pro (no Ethernet)
It has bombed out 4 times. I have to switch off Asus on and off. Not sure why it has started doing this. Possibly it has just went faulty

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!