What's new

RT-AC68U ethernet ports capped at 100mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ruben450

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I registered myself just today so I hope I am in the good category for my question. Today my fiber optic connection was activated. Everything is working as expected only my asus router RT-AC68U.

Connection:
Modem->CAT5e->RT-AC68U->CAT5e->Desktop

When I log in my router is can see that WAN is 1 GBPS and the Lan ports are at 100MBPS. I searched the net for someone with the same problem, I found out that upgrading the asus firmare to merlin was maybe solving the problem. So I did upgrade my router to merlin and still got the same problem. I attached a screenshot with the Ethernet Ports table.

1624448726324.png

What I already tried:
- QOS off
- Merlin update
- QOS manual speed setup to 200mbps
- Checked the cable and it says CAT 5E

Try newer Ethernet cables. None of what you tried has anything to do with the wired connection.

Swap the WAN cable that you know works at 1Gb with the LAN cable to your PC. If the LAN connection still shows as 100Mb remove that other LAN device so that your PC is the only LAN device connected. Try the LAN cable in each of the 4 LAN sockets.

I tried the lan cable in each socket and also the only one connected. I am going to the shop te get a new cable as suggested. Also the cable is a FTP cable.

cable should be class 6A min and still are not expensive one.
Is that possible when there is a CAT5E cable between the modem and router? so Modem->CAT5e->Router->CAT6A->Desktop. Or should I just use cat5e also between router and desktop

CAT 5 minimum. I know there are some who will say not to use CAT 5 but I have several runs of CAT 5 that I terminated myself and they work just fine. Pre made and certified cables are your safest bet unless you have the equipment to test cables.