What's new

RT-AC68U Firmware Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

labans

New Around Here
Hi:
I just purchased an ac68u and after connecting and doing a quick setup I did a firmware upgrade to the latest Merlin release. However, since I am new to this, I do not know and cannot find how to verify that the upgrade has occurred. I did not write down the name of the original firmware so I am not sure how or where to check to assure the Merlin is installed. Also, how do I find the hardware revision info?
Man Thanks for any help----
labans

On the sticker behind and/or on the box

example:
https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/screenshots

Thank you both for the good information.
The unit I have shows a hardware of C1. The problem I have is that I have used the correct firmware update methods three times now and it goes through what I would consider to be the complete process, i.e. uploading, initializing to 100% and rebooting with no affect whatsoever as far as I can see. I used the latest rev. which is RT-AC68U_380.65_2.zip and the router currently has Asus firmware of 3.0.0.4.380.7266 installed which shows back up every time I finish the upgrade process. I have also tried both soft and hard reboots with no change.
Any ideas on where I am screwing up?

You need to unzip the zip file and use the .trx file inside to flash the firmware.

Last edited:
Thank you. I was very sure to use .trx file----I just haven't been able to get it to work yet. Still trying.......
Downloaded the Master Utility file and ran the .exe which allowed me to upload the .trx file correctly and now the router shows the upgrade.
Thanks to everyone for the help.

Hi:
I just purchased an ac68u and after connecting and doing a quick setup I did a firmware upgrade to the latest Merlin release. However, since I am new to this, I do not know and cannot find how to verify that the upgrade has occurred. I did not write down the name of the original firmware so I am not sure how or where to check to assure the Merlin is installed. Also, how do I find the hardware revision info?
Man Thanks for any help----
labans

When you log into your router, you will see "Powered by Asuswrt-Merlin" to the right of the Router model.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!