1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC68U Firmware update problems

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by Jim Eriksen, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Jim Eriksen

Jim Eriksen New Around Here

Hi guys.
    So i wanted to update my firmware. And as i see alot of people has strugled with just that. Im currently running 3.0.0.4.374_5517 , and i cant seem to get this updated. i'v tryed all the troubeshoot steps. I have downloaded the tools. etc etc. and nothing works.

But then i came across something on this forum, that says i cant go from this firmware build to the newest. i have to do it in steps. So my question is. Where can i find all of the firmware updates so i can do this in steps. :) I can only find the newest firmware at asus's page.

Thank you so much.

Jim-

2. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

Have you called and asked ASUS Tech Support?

OE

3. Jim Eriksen

No havent. Tech support in my country is not all that good.
    But i want to try and update in steps. so if you can point me in the right direction :)

4. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

I already did.

Your OP likely answers your own question.

I would contact ASUS to find the required firmware. Maybe you can call or e-mail ASUS Tech Support somewhere in the world that will link you up with a solution.

Or wait here for a better solution. :)

OE

5. Pierino

Pierino Very Senior Member

6. Larsea-dk

Larsea-dk New Around Here

I have exactly same issue with a ac68u with FW 3.0.0.4.374 which i want to use as node in aimesh with my other ac68u which is upgraded.

I have contacted ASUS both by phone and by mail. Have tried all available fw from asus webpage including trying the rescue2000 tool. No luck. Asus said i could go back to retailer, but i have lost my bill so guess its dead end. Thought ASUS had greater service than that.

They also didn’t have older fw versions, so i can’t try to update in smaller step i.e. 374->378->380 and then finally 384. My other ac68u had fw 378 initially.

Any ideas or is there another solution i.e with cable between? Because of a surveillance system I need both router having same ip adress area 192.168.0.xxx

7. Ronald Schwerer

Ronald Schwerer Senior Member

Larsea-dk and doczenith1 like this.
  8. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Another solution is to install version 378.55 of my firmware, then install the latest Asus firmware.

wbennett77, Larsea-dk and L&LD like this.
  9. Larsea-dk

Larsea-dk New Around Here

Great and fast help, thank you very much!! I couldn’t find the fw anywhere and were unsure if I could use your fw Merlin as a part of the update path.
    Strangely, ASUS support didn’t knew at all what to do. I just expected that I need to go in more steps..
    But again, thanks a lot!

10. Jim Eriksen

thank you !