What's new

RT-AC68U Firmware update problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jim Eriksen

New Around Here
Hi guys.
So i wanted to update my firmware. And as i see alot of people has strugled with just that. Im currently running 3.0.0.4.374_5517 , and i cant seem to get this updated. i'v tryed all the troubeshoot steps. I have downloaded the tools. etc etc. and nothing works.

But then i came across something on this forum, that says i cant go from this firmware build to the newest. i have to do it in steps. So my question is. Where can i find all of the firmware updates so i can do this in steps. :) I can only find the newest firmware at asus's page.

Thank you so much.

Jim-

Hi guys.
So i wanted to update my firmware. And as i see alot of people has strugled with just that. Im currently running 3.0.0.4.374_5517 , and i cant seem to get this updated. i'v tryed all the troubeshoot steps. I have downloaded the tools. etc etc. and nothing works.

But then i came across something on this forum, that says i cant go from this firmware build to the newest. i have to do it in steps. So my question is. Where can i find all of the firmware updates so i can do this in steps. :) I can only find the newest firmware at asus's page.

Thank you so much.

Jim-

Have you called and asked ASUS Tech Support?

OE

No havent. Tech support in my country is not all that good.
But i want to try and update in steps. so if you can point me in the right direction :)

No havent. Tech support in my country is not all that good.
But i want to try and update in steps. so if you can point me in the right direction :)

I already did.

Your OP likely answers your own question.

I would contact ASUS to find the required firmware. Maybe you can call or e-mail ASUS Tech Support somewhere in the world that will link you up with a solution.

Or wait here for a better solution. :)

OE

I have exactly same issue with a ac68u with FW 3.0.0.4.374 which i want to use as node in aimesh with my other ac68u which is upgraded.

I have contacted ASUS both by phone and by mail. Have tried all available fw from asus webpage including trying the rescue2000 tool. No luck. Asus said i could go back to retailer, but i have lost my bill so guess its dead end. Thought ASUS had greater service than that.

They also didn’t have older fw versions, so i can’t try to update in smaller step i.e. 374->378->380 and then finally 384. My other ac68u had fw 378 initially.

Any ideas or is there another solution i.e with cable between? Because of a surveillance system I need both router having same ip adress area 192.168.0.xxx

Another solution is to install version 378.55 of my firmware, then install the latest Asus firmware.

Great and fast help, thank you very much!! I couldn’t find the fw anywhere and were unsure if I could use your fw Merlin as a part of the update path.
Strangely, ASUS support didn’t knew at all what to do. I just expected that I need to go in more steps..
But again, thanks a lot!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!