What's new

RT-AC68U: how to figure out when a client connected? Can't find DHCP log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shont

New Around Here
Just need a log of when each client connects. Maybe via some DHCP log? I can't find anything. Even better would be alerts for new connections.

Like thru software or ssh? Or just in the Gui? In the gui if you goto system log/ wireless log it shows you there whos connected and for how long if that helps?

GUI would be best, but I'm fine with a script. The Wireless Log shows time since last connection but no history like a true log would have.

GUI would be best, but I'm fine with a script. The Wireless Log shows time since last connection but no history like a true log would have.
well theres also the general log.. if you set it to debug logging I believe it shows every connect/disconnect

it will also show a ton of other things as well that youll have to pick thru but connects/disconnects should be there as well.

I've figured it out. Didn't have to enable debug logging. Just had to increase the log_level to 7.

Code:
nvram set log_level=7
nvram commit

It was originally 6, which I think might be the default.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!