1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC68U interesting feature on new firm 20942 ?

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by Grisu, May 23, 2018.

1. Grisu

Grisu Senior Member

Hi

After upgrading to recent 20942 in AP-mode (factory reset done) changed some settings in admin-page and after apply I saw this buggy screen with 2 new features.

WPS-button
    Energy Save Mode: full power/auto/power save

Screenshot-2018-5-23 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - System.jpg

Had to login again and never came up again.
    Seems to be some hidden feature.
    Can we change it with SSH?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. VANT

VANT Very Senior Member

energy saving feature is present in new models like 86u and gt ac5300.

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

That page layout indicates there is a Javascript error preventing it from properly displaying, so you might be seeing options available on different models rather than those specific to your model.

5. Grisu

Grisu Senior Member

Thanks for prompt answer, thought I found a nice feature :p

Do you know what they have done that even after all kinds of factory reset it will show my language on inital pages and later on too instead of default english it has been before 20942 update after a factory what should be normally, otherwise its not factory reset!

6. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

I don't know, I haven't seen the code for that new release.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!