What's new

RT-AC68U Lan ports not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

intimidator

New Around Here

I have the RT-AC68U and in the past year the lan ports stopped working. The ethernet port went out first and then it was port 1 about six months ago and now it is port 3. Is there any repair I can do to fix the ports.​

I have the RT-AC68U and in the past year the lan ports stopped working. The ethernet port went out first and then it was port 1 about six months ago and now it is port 3. Is there any repair I can do to fix the ports.​

They're all ethernet ports, I'm assuming you mean the WAN port? Other than trying to clean the contacts with a q tip and rubbing alcohol, it sounds like the hardware is failing and likely nothing can be done to fix it. I'm assuming you've tried swapping cables around to make sure it isn't the cable?

You could try a full factory reset (with WPS button) and reconfigure from scratch, there is a slight possibility it is not hardware related. Worth a shot, but wouldn't hold my breath.

I had something similar happen on my AC68U after a nearby lightning strike. The WAN port was dead but the LAN worked fine so I was able to use it in Media Bridge mode, then shortly (maybe a month) after that the LAN ports stopped working. But I was still able to use it in AImesh and Repeater modes, and it worked great for about a year then it bricked during a firmware update. I opened it up and tried to test it but didn't see anything obviously wrong and it was beyond my skill to fix. Unless its under warranty I would just replace it.

if you have a spare wall wart power block, i would change that out first. Make sure it meets or exceeds the current rating of the existing at the same output voltage. If that doesn't fix it, then heat or electrical issues have likely damaged it over time and time to replace.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!