What's new

RT-AC68U latest official firmware slow wifi-lan transfer rate

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stuey3D

Regular Contributor
Hi all

I have an RT-AC68U that I like to keep updated on the latest firmware, however the last 2 official firmware builds has caused the transfer rate from my MyCloud NAS (GigE) to my laptop (AC wifi 866Mb/s) to drop significantly.

On previous firmware builds I consistently got 60MB/s and on the latest firmware I get anywhere between 14MB/s - 30MB/s maximum. I can rule out the MyCloud as when I connect the laptop via Ethernet I get well over 100MB/s transfer rate.

I can safely say that its the firmware as when I tried RMerlin's 384.5 release the speed returned to normal, however as I don't use any of the more advanced features of Merlin and it appears that Asus are locking down the firmware code making it more difficult for him to work his magic I dropped back to the stock firmware.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so is there a fix for it or is it a case of file a bug report to asus and hope that it gets fixed?

Ahh crap I didn’t notice the other thread so mods sorry for the duplicate.

I am glad I’m not the only one having this issue, and that ASUS already have a beta firmware that fixes this which hopefully means the next release should fix this issue.

Personally I don’t transfer huge amounts to my NAS so I can live with the reduced speeds for a bit, which is good as I can’t be bothered to roll back erase the NVRAM and then set up again, already done that a few times haha.

Mods you can merge or delete this thread as you see fit.

this appears to be back, though my case as a media bridge.

Media bridge connected PC > LAN PC behind AC88u, 70+MB/s
LAN PC > Media Bridge connected pc, 25-30MB/s

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!