What's new

RT-AC68U, missing old feature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sman

Occasional Visitor
Hello to all!

I have a RT-AC68U router with latest firmware and I'm connected to ISP via pppoe with dynamic IP.

Sometime I need to change my IP like this: I connect to my home router via 'Remote desktop' and I click to 'internet status'' icon then ''disconnect'' like in this pic http://prntscr.com/epcdso but now, does not autoreconnect to WAN like old firmare 37x.55 doing.

if I click on the 'reboot' button, will cost me over 60 sec. With autoreconnect only 20 seconds.

Please tell me how can i enable the old feature to auto reconnect to WAN.

That must have been a bug or a misleading description in the old firmware.
The 'Disconnect the Internet connection' is supposed to do just that: Disconnect your router from the Internet.
To connect again, go to WAN and change the 'Enable WAN' to Yes, then click Apply.
Of course, you loose any remote connect if connected through the WAN from the outside.

To issue a restart of the WAN connection, this little trick might be of use for you:
In WAN/Internet Connection/ use the drop down for 'WAN Connection Type' and select another type.
DO NOT click Apply!
Use the drop down again to select your real (previous) setting.
Now click Apply. It will restart the WAN interface without doing any changes.

Try this when you have physical acces to the router first to confirm it works.
Look at the Syslog, you should see that WAN was disconnected and reconnected.

wow, it works! thank you !

i have one more question, its about propagation time, not about router. After i reset my IP (like i request it above), I had setup a domain name from my ISP, but the propagation time is not all time fast, its from 3 sec. to 10 minutes. What do you recommend as the fastest free solution for propagation time. (sry 4 my english). here i have a lot http://prntscr.com/epde6q and i can get one from hikvision. I need an advice. thank you again.

I don't know about the others in the list, but I use the built in asus.com DDNS. This service is restarted at the same time when you use the above work around to restart the WAN.
I'm not sure how often this is propagated up to Asus, but give it a go and see for yourself.