What's new

RT-AC68U one divices cut half of bandwidth.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bartoszbruhn

New Around Here
Hello,
I have a stragne problem with one devices in my home network.
I use RT-AC68U. I last week I have update of bandwidth from 100MB to 600 Mb, so I start testing my Internet.
Everything was perfect(speedtest always over 600MB), but when my wife back to home(now I know that is important), my bandwidth drop to 350MB, because of her Samsung A3 smartphone.
When I disconnect devices, restart ruter, bandwidth back to full speed.
I try many configurations, I have connected to the WiFi 2 notebooks, iPhone 5, Samusng TV and via LAN my PC. In this config I always have full 600MB. But when i Connect wife phone, bandwidth drops, even I have in WiFi connected only that phone. Of course, phone do not make any traffic. On ruter QoS disable, NAT acceleration enabled. It looks like my ruter reserved some of bandwidth to phone.
I try everything, connect to Guest Network, change most of all settings in 2.4 GHz. Two time restore to defalut my Ruter. Nothiong help to me.
I need advice what to hit now, next I would like to change MAC address on phone, but I need to root phone, I never use Android phone before so is not so easy.

Have you looked at the CPU and memory usage of the router while you see the issue?
Network Map - System Status - Status Tab

Thakyou for your attention.
So I use latest firmware 3.0.0.4.380_4118.
To test use LAN, becasue I dont have AC model laptop. Only TV works on 5 GHz.
I have done firmware flash from Internet and then in Admin->Restore(not sure translation)-> to factory settings. (the same tab where is firmware upload).
After this I have use wizard to create netwarok. With old network name SSID. Devices automaticlly connect to ruter after config.
But I use Media server and asus DNS to external access.
System stataus
RAM-32%
Processor on test 100% one core (on both ceses) 600MB and 350 MB. Idle 0-1%

OK->full restart-> new SSID ->new password.
And also change MAC od router (call to Internet Provider).
Issue fixed.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!