What's new

RT-AC68U problem upgrading to Maerlin from stock FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Henrik Tillman

New Around Here
Hi,

Just tried Merlin FW for the first time. Have an RT-AC68U downloaded this fw 384.14_2. Started manual upgrade from stock FW 3.0.0.4.385_10000 it starts off good and says "applying settings" but after a minute or less it fails and restarts the router with attached screenshot. Nothing in system log after this and stock fw still used. I've restarted several times to start upgrade with fresh system, same thing. Is this a known issue? I've checked the SHA.

Br,

/Henks

Attachments

• Asus-ac68U-Upgrade-error.png
    Asus-ac68U-Upgrade-error.png
    240.2 KB · Views: 322
Hi,

Given that you're running firmware version 3.0.0.4.385.10000 for which Asus says in it's release "Fixed firmware update issues.", I don't know if it's related to your problem as I didn't used this version to have any experience with it.

However, as a general rule, if the update fails, you should try this: turn off the router by using the button or unplugging; disconnect all USB drives from the router; turn on the router; update the firmware. (even if you don't have any usb drives attached, a cold boot may be useful, i.e.: drain all the electric current from the router before booting it).
If this also fails, you can use the ASUS Firmware Restoration utility to update the firmware.

Try using the proper RT-AC68U firmware for your router instead. Right now, you are trying to install the RT-AC86U firmware onto it. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!