What's new

RT-AC68U QoS Bandwidth Limiter Not Working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RamenNoodular

New Around Here
Hi new here and sorry if this has been posted and solved before but I'm having an issue with my bandwidth limiter. It'll seem to work for sometime then forget? Ill limit my phone to 5 up and 2 down. Ill go to the store and come back and ill have full access to all the bandwidth. It's annoying. BTW I'm using the latest merlin firmware. Any help would be great, thanks!

Which Firmware (Version) do you use on your AC68U?

Beside updating to the latest Asus firmware (or AsusWRT-Merlin) you could try to assign a fixed IP address to your phone under "LAN > DHCP Server" and try again.

I am using QoS Bandwidth Limiter here for most connected devices (with manually assigned fixed IP's) without any problem.

Same problem here. At a vacation home we have 12 down and 2 up. I'm trying to get the Roku TV to stop grabbing all the bandwidth when watching anything in HD...and bandwidth limiter doesn't seem to work. I've set it up for 6 down and 1 up, and still see it pulling all 12 quite often. Using the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.382_18547)

Any help appreciated. Sean

I have the same issue, no matter what I set the bandwidth limiter too I get full speed on speedtests.
I'm using RT-AC68U on latest Merlin on the day of the post, I've decided to just leave QOS disabled until its resolved.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!