What's new

RT-AC68U still stuck on 378.55, despite troubleshooting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe318

New Around Here
Hello:

This is my first post here, but I came across this forum via searches for similar issues that I am experiencing. Whenever I try updating the firmware via the web browser admin page (by uploading a .trx file), it keeps saying that "firmware upgrade unsuccessful." It doesn't matter if I try version RT-AC68U_378.56_0 or the latest version of RT-AC68U_384.5_0.

Yes, I've ensured that I have the appropriate CFE partition size. Yes, I've tried the various reset button procedures (holding in the reset button and various combinations while booting up to do a factory reset). I read that someone also suggested that I use a different program instead of the web browser admin page; I remember trying it, but that also didn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Thank you both for replying.

is it an actual AC68U, or a T-Mobile

It is a T-Mobile-branded model that I installed Merlin on.

Try to use the Rescue Mode and the Firmware Restoration tool in this case...

Unfortunately, I can never get my router to enter rescue mode using those instructions. I can only manage a factory reset using the combination of button commands. Also, the second link to the Firmware Restoration tool does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!