What's new

RT-AC68U - Sunddenly start disconneting if Vodafone router is connected [Help]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alkuimista

Occasional Visitor
Hello everyone,

I've been using asus merlin for a while without any issues.
Last week the router would lose the internet connection.
After upgranding the firmware to 380.65_4, the problem persists.
By trial and error, the router works fine if it's not sharing the internet with the vodafone router, but if I connect the vodafone router to lan4, the router gets staled, needs to reboot, and after a while it happens again.
I've tried everything without success :(

What's more strange is that, when the error occurs, the log file show the date August 1, and when it returns to operational state, the date is updated as posted in the log bellow.

Please share some light :)

Thanks in advanced.

logfile
https://pastebin.com/y6Z74Azz

Last edited:
What's more strange is that, when the error occurs, the log file show the date August 1, and when it returns to operational state, the date is updated as posted in the log bellow.
That's normal. When the router starts up (after a reboot) it doesn't know the date/time so it uses a default value (in your case August 1st). When it has established a connection with the internet it corrects the date/time using NTP.

How are you connecting to the Vodafone router? Are you using its WAN port? If you are connecting LAN to LAN that will be a problem.

That's normal. When the router starts up (after a reboot) it doesn't know the date/time so it uses a default value (in your case August 1st). When it has established a connection with the internet it corrects the date/time using NTP.

How are you connecting to the Vodafone router? Are you using its WAN port? If you are connecting LAN to LAN that will be a problem.

Thank you for the answer, that makes sense :)

The lan4 of Asus router is connected to the Wan port of the Vodafone router. No IPTV, just for the phone line.
I have the VLan's setup correctly, both routers can work ok for about 3 hours, then something happens and the Asus router stops working (internet and intranet), but the Vodafone router (Technicolor TG785n) has internet access.

Strange is that it start happening last week, never had problems for more than a year with the same setup.