What's new

RT-AC68U types Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_45149 for RT-AC68U/R/W/P, RT-AC1900/U/P and RT-AC66U_B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Grisu

Part of the Furniture
usable for all RT-AC68U variants from header, only filename differs, firmware is the same

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC1900/HelpDesk_BIOS/
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC1900/FW_RT_AC1900_300438445149.zip

Version 3.0.0.4.384.45149 2018/12/0642.72 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC1900 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45149
AiMesh
- Improved AiMesh stability
- Lyra, Lyra Mini, and Lyra Trio can be added as AiMesh node into RT-AC1900 network.
Please refer to https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038071 for more detail.

Security
- Fixed CVE-2018-14710, CVE-2018-14711, CVE-2018-14712, CVE-2018-14713, CVE-2018-14714. Thanks for Rick Ramgattie's contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud/ Samba account vulnerability. Thanks for Matthew Cundari's contribution.
- Fixed DoS vulnerability. Thanks for Ruikai Liu's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-17020, CVE-2018-17021, CVE-2018-17022.
- Fixed stored XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Duda Przemyslaw's contribution.
- Updated OpenSSL library.

Bug fixes and improvement
- Improved wireless stability.
- Modified “Dual Wan” user interface.
- Modified “Port Forwarding” user interface.
- Modified “Restore” user interface.
- Fixed GUI bugs on user feedback page.
- Fixed “Adaptive QoS” bugs.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: b14c93ea7c5ebbde8270f4ee5a76a36e

WHERE has DownloadMaster gone in this version, at least in AP-mode nothing visible for me???
Cant find it anymore under USB-apps but my previously installed stick is still accassible with pending files as I have opened windows to http://192.168.0.xx:8081/downloadmaster/task.asp ...
After deleting stick it is shown again and can be installed, but after finishing and trying to start DM it says DM is deactivated and again not seen in USB apps anymore.
Returned to Merlin or 32799 and DM is working again now.

Completely broken feature in this firmware - at least for me in AP-mode!!!
Update: seems that it will only last LONG time, then it resolves itself and DM is visible again, in the morning I got it back working.

Positive: client list seems to be stable now on mine.

Last edited:
RT-AC68U:
The client status overview does not show all connected WiFi clients. In the Asus APP, however, all clients are displayed.

Last edited:
On my RT-AC68U: Client status and the "View List" popup are indeed broken, my wireless printer (DHCP) and the RT-N66U-Media Bridge (fixed IP) are not listed. With the Media Bridge not showing, also the device behind it (a DVD player) does not show.
Printer, Media Bridge and DVD player do all have proper network access and function ok.
The printer and DVD player do show in the DHCP leases list.

Last edited:
On my RT-AC68U: Client status and the "View List" popup are indeed broken, my wireless printer (DHCP) and the RT-N66U-Media Bridge (fixed IP) are not listed. With the Media Bridge not showing, also the device behind it (a DVD player) does not show.
Printer, Media Bridge and DVD player do all have proper network access and function ok.
So is this new firmware 149 also have bugs and Broke? Had problems with DHCP reservation with the last 2 releases.

Over night the discovery mechanism seemed to have fixed it self (without related messaged in the log).

New in the General Log are these messages (in this case related to an iPhone):

Dec 6 23:41:59 WLCEVENTD: eth1: Disassoc 6C:96:xx:xx:xx
Dec 6 23:42:02 WLCEVENTD: eth1: Assoc 6C:96:xx:xx:xx
Dec 7 02:51:17 WLCEVENTD: eth1: ReAssoc 6C:96:xx:xx:xx

[EDIT]
The client list is having difficulties, clients appear and disappear, the Printer and Media Bridge have disappeared again.

Last edited:
Over night the discovery mechanism seemed to have fixed it self (without related messaged in the log).

New in the General Log are these messages (in this case related to an iPhone):

Dec 6 23:41:59 WLCEVENTD: eth1: Disassoc 6C:96:xx:xx:xx
Dec 6 23:42:02 WLCEVENTD: eth1: Assoc 6C:96:xx:xx:xx
Dec 7 02:51:17 WLCEVENTD: eth1: ReAssoc 6C:96:xx:xx:xx

[EDIT]
The client list is having difficulties, clients appear and disappear, the Printer and Media Bridge have disappeared again.
Still cannot update DHCP reservations. On the network map, clients are constantly changing.Cannot make any changes on UI.

Still cannot update DHCP reservations. On the network map, clients are constantly changing.Cannot make any changes on UI.
What do you mean by "still cannot update DHCP reservations?" I had a similar issue where anytime I added a DHCP assignment/reservation, it would be blown away upon reboot.

Same (Client List) issue here. Client list is all over the place. Changes rapidly with devices showing up and then disappearing. What is the easiest way to revert back to the previous firmware. Thanks for any help you can provide.
This is CRAZY

Same (Client List) issue here. Client list is all over the place. Changes rapidly with devices showing up and then disappearing. What is the easiest way to revert back to the previous firmware. Thanks for any help you can provide.
This is CRAZY
Went back to 40 the last time. Cannot make any changes to reservation list. Afraid it will disappear if I reboot. What is going on with these broken firmware?

This is weard, but when I went back to old firmware the Reservation list showed back up. Now every time I log on it's gone! When I hit refresh it shows up again, however I still cannot make any changes to it. That happens when I connect the nodes. When alone the router works great.

RT-AC68U
firmware:3.0.0.4.384_45149

After the installation of the new software restored the factory settings. No icon to access the downloadmaster, not always can be applied to change the name of the client.

RT-AC68U
firmware:3.0.0.4.384_45149

After the installation of the new software restored the factory settings. No icon to access the downloadmaster, not always can be applied to change the name of the client.
read my first post, I updated DM issue, it comes after some (much) time ...

I could not remember the last hard reset of my RT-AC68U, gave it a shot today: revert to factory defaults and manual configured the router.
The Client List behavior has not changed and stays unstable.

I updated without defaults, I have a wired backhaul to 2nd router on Aimesh.

Do I have to factory reset mesh router with button and reconfigure or easiest way to reset both and reconfigure? 2nd router is on ceiling and would be work to take down and do it manually.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!