What's new

RT-AC68U USB 4G dongle issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

danny-one

New Around Here
I recently tried this merlin firmware.
But for some time now, i got tired of the USB dongle disconnected, and mobile network was lost.

This seems not happening with original Asus firmware and right now i am back on the original firmware.

Dongle name: Huawei - E3276 .
I tried both USB2 and USB3 port, same, same, both ends up with a disconnected device, and no mobile network.

If it happens when i sit by pc, i reset router, or i simply wait, and it actually finds the usb unit again and network comes back.

I know logfile would have maybe been good to have :)
Maybe someone else seen the same problem and found a solution?

@danny-one - I am using Huawei E3372 USB dongle, which is in normal (serial modem) mode, not Hi-Link (router mode)

however there are many BUGs related to ASUS DualWAN, so please be sure to test your USB stick on your PC first

Huawei E3276 is listed as supported here: https://www.asus.com/event/networks_3G4G_support/

so try this

register your router here - https://account.ASUS.com

1. open ticket with ASUS support and explain them your issue with ASUS router!
2. install latest ASUS Firmware
3. do a factory reset
4. after the issue appears export syslog (LOG)
5. save configuration to a file
6. after ASUS replies back to you by e-mail, send them your configuration file, LOG output and admin password, so they can test this issue
7. they will restore your configuration using your admin password and try to reproduce error

be sure to tell ASUS 1st level support to forward your complaint(s) to Firmware Development Team
if it is firmware bug (poor coding, which usually is cause of all issues) they need to fix it on firmware level (source code compiled to firmware)
don't give up, otherwise they will continue to ignore real issues, and push ASUS ai mesh and other bs