What's new

RT-AC68U Version 3.0.0.4.384.10007

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brummygit

Very Senior Member
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.10007
New feature
AiMesh: an innovative new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home WiFi network. Refer to https://www.asus.com/aimesh/ for more detail.

Security fixed
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Joaquim's contribution.
- Fixed LAN RCE vulnerability. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs

Bug fixed
- Fixed NAT throughput drop issue.
- Fixed network map abnormal responsed time issues
- Fixed client list issues.
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync issue.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

I installed it at two locations today. They fixed one bug I reported... where Wifi devices were reported as being on the LAN interface.

Haven't tired the mesh stuff... seem like Google/Orbi have this pretty well covered.

Installed online through the router Firmware Update utility in the GUI, right over 3.0.0.4.382.18881 and without hard reset.
All seems fine, with (wireless) speeds perfect as usual.
It fixed at least httpd crash on certain web pages if there are no Ethernet clients connected.

This firmware so far works so much better than the 382 releases, I had loads of issues with them. This release gives me all the features of the 382 but with none of the issues so far.

I did a stress test after updating (Multiple torrents, a transfer from the routers USB 3 port, a transfer from the NAS, and 2 iOS devices using YouTube) and it didnt hiccup at all even with CPU pinned at 100% use, whereas the 382 releases would have ground to a halt.

5GHz wireless is working correctly now and even seems to be slightly better signal too.

All in all I'm very happy with this release so far, lets see if it suffers the same slowdowns after being up a while like the 382 releases.

I have a TMobile RT-AC68U unit that has been updated to 3.0.0.4.382.18881.

Is it better to auto update to 384.10007 though the GUI or should I upload the file through the GUI?

Thanks

Interesting note... I turned down the power to the lowest level and have no issues with signal.

An often over looked component to security is not broadcasting farther than you really need to.

Anyone know what " Fixed NAT throughput drop issue." refers to?

Probably PPPoE that was no longer supporting hardware acceleration in the last few releases.

Probably PPPoE that was no longer supporting hardware acceleration in the last few releases.
At least something is changed in the NAT Acceleration part.
My router now only shows "CTF (Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled" while with previous firmware also "FA (Flow Acceleration)" was mentioned. This may just be a GUI correction, I believe FA is not supported by the RT-AC68U.

Last edited:
Anyone know what is the meaning of this message from system log?

Jan 7 14:44:52 lldpd[277]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 7 14:45:02 lldpd[277]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available

Been using my RT-AC68U as media bridge for some time now, but it's very unstable. I first I tried Merlin 380.68_4, then Asus 382, and now the 384.10007 release. It's rebooting several times a day, which makes it pretty useless.
Any one else experiencing the same?

It broke repeater mode with 3.0.0.4.384.10007 I started with just updating and got no internet connection. I could see other repeaters, the base and access them just no internet connection. I even tried manually setting dns and still no internet. So I factory reset, reloaded 3.0.0.4.384.10007 and reset again. Went through the setup and no internet. Had to roll back to previous FW and worked as usual.

QOS is still broken in this branch.:(
Code:
Jan  8 14:43:01 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3356] qos_ops is not registered!
Jan  8 14:43:01 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

Code:

Doesn't necessarily mean it's broken, as we don't know what that error message means.

Pinging @vanic just in case he might be able to shed some light on this message.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's broken, as we don't know what that error message means.

Pinging @vanic just in case he might be able to shed some light on this message.
I have reported it too through email, feedback from UI doesn't work. These errors are the same as in branch 382.

Indeed, it's fixed. My PPOE connection it's working fine now.

300/300 without problems, and IPTV without artifacts while downloading st high speeds.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X Pro mediante Tapatalk

Code:
QOS is working for me properly after disable and re-enable.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X Pro mediante Tapatalk

Anyone know what is the meaning of this message from system log?

Jan 7 14:44:52 lldpd[277]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available
Jan 7 14:45:02 lldpd[277]: unable to send packet on real device for eth2: No buffer space available

I am also getting the same exact error in my System Log. It looks like it's every 10 seconds.

I have two TM-AC1900 that I converted into RT-AC68U and using them in an AiMesh network.

I submitted the Feedback within the router itself.

I am also getting the same exact error in my System Log. It looks like it's every 10 seconds.

I have two TM-AC1900 that I converted into RT-AC68U and using them in an AiMesh network.

I submitted the Feedback within the router itself.

Seems like you are on the same boat as me , is your internet working fine? my working fine except this same message keep spamming the system log

Seems like you are on the same boat as me , is your internet working fine? my working fine except this same message keep spamming the system log

I used the feedback function in the router itself and got a reply within the hour! Great support.

He said it was a debug message and doesn't affect anything and they'll fix it in the next version.