What's new

RT-AC68U - Video streaming fails in after some minutes in my Home theater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Prakash K

New Around Here
Video streaming fails in after some minutes in my LG Home theater. It fails at different duration at different instances - 5 mins or 20 mins or 40 mins after start of video streaming - no defined pattern.

Few times, the home theater gets disconnected from the router and gets connected automatically - noticed the the router icon disappearing and appearing again.

In both instances, I ended-up selecting the file to start streaming again. Sometimes it happens 3 or 4 interruptions in 60 minute video and worse in few other times - 10 interruptions in 60 minutes.

The was working without any problem prior to version - 3.0.0.4.378.9135 - Issue started from this version.

Firmware - Official. Updated to 3.0.0.4.378.9313, but the issue persists still.

Any one facing the same issue ?

Please guide me to solve the issue.

When you updated firmware, did you Factory Reset afterwards, then manually restore your configuration? Or did you restore settings from a config file saved previously?

Are you wired or wifi? I am wired. I have a WDTV box that has been locking up on me for the past 3 weeks with the 9135 fw and still with the 9313. Did a factory reset but cant tell if its the WDTV box or the asus FW. The box totally locks and I have to cycle power.