What's new

[RT-AC68U] : Way to choose CTF or CTF and FA NAT acceleration?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarkRH

At the moment using 3.0.0.4.378_9135 and wondered if there was a way to choose between just CTF or CTF and FA NAT acceleration. The option seems to be either "Auto" or "Disabled". http://i.imgur.com/7MjpsEF.png Before this firmware, just CTF was enabled and the Daily Traffic Monitor stuff would should how much data I transferred each day. With both of these enabled, it basically has no idea how much data is being transferred.

Is there a way I can just enabled CTF?

Previously, seemed kind of put luck if one or both of these methods were enabled after a reboot or reset. What determines the combination it uses when set to Auto?

68u not suport FA

I did a Factory Reset, and now it's just showing CTF Acceleration and the Traffic Monitor stuff now looks proper. Should have done that when I first installed the firmware.

I did a Factory Reset, and now it's just showing CTF Acceleration and the Traffic Monitor stuff now looks proper. Should have done that when I first installed the firmware.

I suspect you had an old nvram setting that was reporting FA support. When Asus initially added FA support to the firmware, they weren't correctly detecting its presence - they fixed that a few release laters.

FA is only available on the BCM4709 or newer, which means RT-AC68P (the Best Buy SKU), AC87 or AC3200.

I clicked reboot in the UI and now it has "CTF(Cut Through Forwarding) and FA(Flow Acceleration) accelerator are enabled." and the Traffic Monitor is borked again. I did a reboot because it thought it was the 15th already. May have to do another Factory Reset I guess and make sure I re-select the TimeZone setting and apply (it was correct).

Just ignore whatever it says about FA (it doesn't exist in the RT-AC68U), and disable CTF.

At the moment using 3.0.0.4.378_9135 and wondered if there was a way to choose between just CTF or CTF and FA NAT acceleration. The option seems to be either "Auto" or "Disabled". http://i.imgur.com/7MjpsEF.png Before this firmware, just CTF was enabled and the Daily Traffic Monitor stuff would should how much data I transferred each day. With both of these enabled, it basically has no idea how much data is being transferred.

Is there a way I can just enabled CTF?

Previously, seemed kind of put luck if one or both of these methods were enabled after a reboot or reset. What determines the combination it uses when set to Auto?

Exactly the same for me CTF +FA always on and the CPU usage show nothing . Normally its just CTF. Thats why im sticking with 378.55 from merlin. With 378.56(378.9177) CTF+FA are enable for AC68

I suspect you had an old nvram setting that was reporting FA support. When Asus initially added FA support to the firmware, they weren't correctly detecting its presence - they fixed that a few release laters.

FA is only available on the BCM4709 or newer, which means RT-AC68P (the Best Buy SKU), AC87 or AC3200.
Does that mean Merlin on Netgear R7000 should show a enable CTF+FA?

Yeah, I just keep it with CTF and FA on. The 24 hour and daily traffic monitors don't work, oh well. The real-time Traffic Monitor does work though. I guess the real-time code doesn't save what it sees in the 24-hour and daily data.

FA is not in your 57 alpha 3 either on a 68P.

Attachments

• ctfonly.jpg
    ctfonly.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 6,412
FA is not in your 57 alpha 3 either on a 68P.

FA is incompatible with a number of features, such as Tree Spanning which I see enabled on your screenshot.

The list of features that are incompatible seem to change constantly, so I cannot give any definite list as to what to keep disabled.

How do you enable FA on the AC88U just out of interest

It doesnt mention Fa at all in Lan - Switch Control

The list of features that are incompatible seem to change constantly, so I cannot give any definite list as to what to keep disabled.

If Broadcom opened up the source for ctf.ko, a lot of those problems would go away ;)

How do you enable FA on the AC88U just out of interest

It doesnt mention Fa at all in Lan - Switch Control

FA is not supported in recent firmware releases for the RT-AC88U, due to the switch to GMAC3 (don't ask me what it does, I have absolutely no idea, I only know it's related to how the wifi and Ethernet switch talk to one another).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!