1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC68U: Windows 7 Network Map

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by NewPrometheus, Mar 2, 2019.

1. NewPrometheus

NewPrometheus New Around Here

I'm encountering a strange issue, and I'm inquiring whether anyone knows what's going on.

I utilize an Asus RT-AC68U Router as my network gateway, and one of my computers is running Windows 7. Now, Windows 7 has a Network Mapping function within Network and Sharing Center. Most of the time it doesn't work (with a variety of error messages), but I recently noticed that when the router is offline (for instance, when applying configuration changes), then the Network Mapping function suddenly starts working, and then stops working once the router is back online. o_O

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and why?

Thanks,

np