What's new

RT-AC68U with Huawei E3372 4G USB loses connection...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BosseSwede

Regular Contributor
I am new here in order to possibly find a solution to my mobile broadband problem...

I have only mobile 4G broadband access at my summer home and I have been using a Dovado PRO router with the Huawei E3372 modem connected by USB. It has worked mostly OK for several years.
But I would like to improve the WiFi coverage and add 5G too so I moved by home router RT-AC68U out since it has the capability to "fall back" to mobile broadband if there is no Ethernet connection.
When I tried it over the week-end it seemed at first to work , but after a few hours I was off-line and the ASUS reported that it had no Internet connection even though the lamp on the modem was showing a working connection. :(
So I tried to unplug the modem and put it back again, but that did not work either, and switching between USB2 and USB3 made no difference either.

I also tried power cycling the ASUS but no go.

So I replaced the ASUS with the Dovado Pro old router and it immediately got connected (well, it normally takes a minute or more to get connected).
It is important that the network is up 24/7 at this location because of access to monitoring equipment over there.

Question:
Is it normal that the ASUS cannot reconnect if it loses connection to the Internet?
The Dovado explicitly will retry indefinitely if it loses connection.
Or is there a setting I have missed to enable reconnect?

I am now back home with the ASUS router but the modem is attached to the Dovado PRO at the summer home...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!