What's new

RT-AC86U - 3.0.0.4.384.20467

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Odkrys

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20467
2018/03/15 60.49 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20467
- Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Haitian Xiang and Fang Wang.
- Added IPSec VPN server
- Supported Let's encrypt to help get free Certificate Authority (CA). To enable this feature, the router needs to obtain public IP from ISP.
- Added Stuff-Fibre IPTV profile.
- Fixed AiMesh compatibility issues.
- Fixed traffic monitor bugs.
- Fixed certificate buffer issue for OpenVPN.
- Fixed duplicated clients on the network map

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: e8f19bc2d808e51867b708e918bb5999

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC86U/FW_RT_AC86U_300438420467.zip

My 86u not send notifications email when AIProtection ISP block attack.
Confirmation email was sent.

Can anyone confirm this ?

My 86u not send notifications email when AIProtection ISP block attack.
Confirmation email was sent.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Can you send feedback by feedback function ?

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50010 old from januar... still wait for new fw from asus or merlin..

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50010 old from januar... still wait for new fw from asus or merlin..
How does this relate to this topic?

Can anyone explain why the router needs login access to the e-mail account to send an e-mail?

OE
Gmail (and others) require authentication in order to send e-mail.

Gmail (and others) require authentication in order to send e-mail.

I guess what is confusing me is the 'authenticating as me to send to me'. But I suppose that's ok as it is... I would definitely use a Google 2-step app/device password instead of my Google account password.

OE

I upgraded my main and AP units yesterday, and so far, nothing obviously different. The network client list still occasionally shows some wireless devices as being on the wired network.

Can anyone explain why the router needs login access to the e-mail account to send an e-mail?

For SMTP authentication.

I guess what is confusing me is the 'authenticating as me to send to me'. But I suppose that's ok as it is... I

Well, let me send you 5000 spams as you to you, without authenticating...

(You get the idea. :) )

I upgraded my main and AP units yesterday, and so far, nothing obviously different. The network client list still occasionally shows some wireless devices as being on the wired network.
ditto!

i set ipsec vpn with pre shared key, but i can't connect using windows 10 l2tp/ipsec with pre shared key.
Anyone try this with success ?

I haven't tested stock firmware, but that client is what I used for my RT-AC86U tests.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!