What's new

RT-AC86U - 384.13 - reboot button and scheduled reboot do not work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pak Kriss

Regular Contributor
As stated in the description, the restart button and the restart schedule do not work. It just does nothing happen.

But a login via terminal and the "reboot" command work.

Routersetup:
1) Uploaded 384.13
2) Full reset 2 factory defaults
3) DoT enabled
4) DNSfilter = Router
5) A USB stick, amtm, Skynet up and running, Entware installed
6) No services activated that require a "Trend Micro End User License Agreement"
7) Dual WAN with "Allow failback"
8) Scheduled reboot every day enabled

The rest of the setup is plain vanilla.

Any idea?

Last edited:
Any idea?

It wasn't working for me shortly after updating the firmware to 384.13, then it fixed itself. Give it some time. Keep in mind though, this specific router may shut down instead of reboot. Doesn't happen all the time, the issue is intermittent. No solution was found as of now. Do not remotely restart the router.

It wasn't working for me shortly after updating the firmware to 384.13, then it fixed itself. Give it some time. Keep in mind though, this specific router may shut down instead of reboot. Doesn't happen all the time, the issue is intermittent. No solution was found as of now. Do not remotely restart the router.

I thought I set up a cronjob to run the "reboot" command to work around the bug.

Please, share your experience. If you got the router recently, ASUS may have changed something in the design.

I never reached the state to test it :)

The web GUI scheduled reboot was still activated and next morning the router was in power off state.

After I read that Asus will provide a new firmware, which also provides a fix for the problems with the restart, I have decided that I wait until this firmware was merged with Merlin.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ac86u-firmware-version-3-0-0-4-384_81049.58377/

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!