What's new

RT-AC86U by POE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EMERSON VIER

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, I am looking for some solution to use RT-AC86U by POE, by the switch is hard to because the voltage provide is around 48Vcc, on the RT-AC86U power supply I saw the spec 19Vcc/1.75Amps, then I bought, POE injector, but the problems are the size of the power connector, the RT-AC86U is 4.00 mm diameter and this POE injector is 3.5 mm, another POE's is 5.5mm, so I can not find a POE injector fit on RT-AC86U.

May I ask if you guys have any solution to have POE on RT-AC86U?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EBNBZ8I/?tag=snbforums-20

Hi all, I am looking for some solution to use RT-AC86U by POE, by the switch is hard to because the voltage provide is around 48Vcc, on the RT-AC86U power supply I saw the spec 19Vcc/1.75Amps, then I bought, POE injector, but the problems are the size of the power connector, the RT-AC86U is 4.00 mm diameter and this POE injector is 3.5 mm, another POE's is 5.5mm, so I can not find a POE injector fit on RT-AC86U.

May I ask if you guys have any solution to have POE on RT-AC86U?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EBNBZ8I/?tag=snbforums-20

You need to contact POE of Texas and talk to one of their knowledgeable POE experts at the number listed in your link. You probably do not want the adapter you linked to as it will only support 100 Mbps data rates. They do sell POE injectors that will support full gig connections. Perhaps that have an adapter cable that will work for the power input/ output but the tips on ASUS 19V power supplies for both the the AC86 and AC68 are unusual.

My guess is that you will need to make your own custom cables for both ends of the POE drop. This won't be that difficult because the cables used with the 1 gig POE injectors are not attached to to the Ethernet sockets so a couple of snips and some soldering and you will be in business. Just be sure to keep the polarity correct.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!