RT-AC86U client list outdated

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

jorgemarmo

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I'm running a RT-AC86U with stock asus firmware 3.0.0.4.386_40451.
The client lists is outdated, is showing me many devices wired and wireless that are actually not connected (they were)
If I reboot the router, it will get the proper list but if I check in a couple of days, the list will be outdated.
This is annoying... elsewhere it seems to be working fine.

1) I wonder if this is s known problem or if Merlin firmware could solve this?
2) I'm using a pihole as DNS server, and I configured it to pass the devices name into the router, so I see their "device name" instead of the MAC, could this be the problem?

similar threads I read, but not actually helping...

ATLga

Hi, I'm running a RT-AC86U with stock asus firmware 3.0.0.4.386_40451.
The client lists is outdated, is showing me many devices wired and wireless that are actually not connected (they were)
If I reboot the router, it will get the proper list but if I check in a couple of days, the list will be outdated.
This is annoying... elsewhere it seems to be working fine.

1) I wonder if this is s known problem or if Merlin firmware could solve this?
2) I'm using a pihole as DNS server, and I configured it to pass the devices name into the router, so I see their "device name" instead of the MAC, could this be the problem?