What's new

RT-AC86U connection drops with Sky Q boxes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KevinCooper

New Around Here
I've just acquired an ASUS RT-AC86U router. My ISP is Virgin, and I've set up their hub3 in modem mode, connected to the ASUS router via an Ethernet cable. Everything works fine on all my devices except for my Sky Q boxes. While I can locate the router and connect to it, the connection frequently drops. I have to reset it on my Sky box, and the problem repeats. Has anyone experienced similar issues with this router and Sky Q?

I've just acquired an ASUS RT-AC86U router. My ISP is Virgin, and I've set up their hub3 in modem mode, connected to the ASUS router via an Ethernet cable. Everything works fine on all my devices except for my Sky Q boxes. While I can locate the router and connect to it, the connection frequently drops. I have to reset it on my Sky box, and the problem repeats. Has anyone experienced similar issues with this router and Sky Q?
A quick google search reveals that theSky Q boxes are only capable of using the 2.4 Ghz band. So the reason your other devices are working is probably because they are using the 5 Ghz band, meaning the 2.4 Ghz band is the problem.

Under the "Wireless" tab, try setting the 2.4 Ghz band to using "20Mhz" instead of "Auto" and see if that solves your problem.

Report back, and if it doesn't solve your problem, include information about which firmware version your AC86U is running.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!