1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC86U Default IP Address

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by rjih, Feb 11, 2018.

1. rjih

rjih New Around Here

Every piece of documentation I have been able to review lists the default IP address for the AC86U as 192.168.1.1. I recently took delivery on a AC86U and the default IP address is 192.168.50.1. I have reset the router to factory defaults and the 192.168.50.1 address remains. I know the default IP address is simple to change, but I was wondering if this particular router is not conforming to normal specifications. Will someone who has a AC86U confirm their default IP address.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Pierino

Pierino Very Senior Member

It is 192.168.50.1

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

It varies between models. Newer models will usually print the default IP on their label.

5. rjih

rjih New Around Here

Thanks.

6. unsynaps

unsynaps Regular Contributor

And this is annoying as sin. Bouncing back and forth between IP groups to set the dumb thing up and revert it back to the normal 192.168.1.1.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!