1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC86U error message

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by venture996, Jun 12, 2018 at 10:44 AM.

1. venture996

venture996 Occasional Visitor

I am getting this message repeatedly in my System Log. Any advice?

kernel: ERR... udb_ioctl_op_dc_get_ips_rt_event: hooknum for anomaly must be 1 or 3

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. venture996

In case anyone else finds this thread, I updated to the newer firmware (came out a few days ago), and reset router after. Then imported backed up settings. Haven't seen the error message since. I'll keep an eye out, but hoping that fixed things.

4. Pierino

Pierino Very Senior Member

Just so you know, when you reset and then restore from a backup, it’s like not resetting.

5. arthurlien

arthurlien Very Senior Member

Could you try to disable and enable again the function as below list which you used ?
    1. AiProtection / IPS / Traffic analyzer / web history / Webs & app filters / adaptive qos / apps ananlysis

6. venture996

Damn, I did not know that. Thanks

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!