What's new

RT-AC86U Guest Network Not Respecting "Enable block all devices"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

glass33

New Around Here
More specifically, the 2.4 GHz guest network is not respecting when I turn on "Enable block all devices". Oddly, the other 3 networks do (2.4/5 GHz regular and 5 GHz guest). I can replicate this phenomenon 100% of the time with multiple clients. I have the absolute latest firmware as of June 2022.

I contacted support and Asus gave me the most bizarre answer that this is the expected behavior, which I know is wrong. I was given a FAQ saying that the parental controls do not work when in AP mode, but I do not use this. I just use the plain, vanilla wireless router mode.

Can anyone out there confirm if they see the same behavior? Thanks

Ah, there ya go. Try putting the 2.4GHz guest network on net #2 or 3 and see it the situation is better for you.
I tried it, and sure enough, that did it. Guest network #1 completely ignores parental controls, while #2 and 3 obey the parental controls.

I did notice that #1 has additional options that are missing from #2 and 3. Is this difference in behavior documented anywhere?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!