What's new

RT-AC86U Guest Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aps

Occasional Visitor
What does enabling the "Access Intranet" option on guest networks do for (stock firmware) ASUS routers? Is it that devices on the guest network are able to communicate with each other? Or is it that these devices can communicate with devices on the main network? (I've not found any clear description on the ASUS site or documentation)

What does enabling the "Access Intranet" option on guest networks do for (stock firmware) ASUS routers? Is it that devices on the guest network are able to communicate with each other? Or is it that these devices can communicate with devices on the main network? (I've not found any clear description on the ASUS site or documentation)

The intranet is your LAN and WLANs including guest WLANs on your network.

The internet is the great beyond.

There is another setting under Professional, AP Isolate, that isolates wireless clients from each other.

AP Mode may defeat these...

AiMesh 2.0 is introducing guest1 WLANs on all nodes. These may or may not be working as they should...

... so confirm operation.

OE

to reiterate what ozark already said. its to communicate with devices on main network. i believe ap isolation in wifi professional settings determines if they can communicate with each other. but with latest firmware giving different subnets to guest 1. I believe this only works with guest 2 and 3.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!