What's new

RT-AC86U High memory after fresh flash with Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrboonmee

Occasional Visitor
brand new RT-AC86U, flashed with latest Merlin RT-AC86U_384.4_0

using about 50% memory at idle?

what is the correct way to do a factory default reset?

Attachments

• router_memory.jpg
    router_memory.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 863
Last edited:
It's actually very low usage compared to what I see on my AC86U and what others have posted about theirs.

Remember, the RAM is there to be used, if it's not being used then it's kind of useless, no?:)

I agree, i got a new ac86u few days ago, was using ac68u before that, i had more free memory on my rt-ac68u than this newer rt-ac86u. I have on average 72mb of free ram and this has double the ram compared to my ac68u. Currently ac87u reports used ram: 440MB, free ram: 72MB Total: 512MB. Before installing merlin firmware it was approx half of the ram free. Although i am not criticising merlins hard work or anything incase someone suggests it.

But you seem to have much more free memory than i do, yeah i run ab-solution, dnscrypt, skynet, 1 vpn client, want to run another vpn client and a vpn server but will have to see how my memory manages it all.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!