What's new

RT-AC86U incomplete Webinterface after flash to Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chris-tian

New Around Here
After flash from Original Asus firmware to RT-AC86U_386.2_4 i had the issue that the web interface is not loading completely. It's only possible after refresh the page around 10 times. The app works fine, is it a problem with the browser, because chrome and safari had the same issue.

I flash the router again and leave them running for a few hours, but same issue.

Any ideas.?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 11.07.17.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 11.07.17.png
    366.4 KB · Views: 120
I wonder if this issue is related to mine. I flashed from AsusWRT to Merlin (first time), and my WebGUI went far loopier than yours. Had to restore.

Any ideas.?
You did read the changelog didn't you? The part where it says that upgrading causes the router to start a maintenance process on one of its internal databases which can take anywhere from 5 minutes to all night. And clearing your browsers cache won't hurt either, to make sure the UI loads properly (after maintenance is done, depending on which version you're coming from).

I wonder if this issue is related to mine.
Nope. You've got different issues :p

Last edited:
Have you done a factory reset after flashing RMerlin?

Not to hijack Chris-tian's post, but in regard to my issue only - I messed up and confused the DSL and RT versions of the AC68U. I've since headed over to GNUton's thread and have a working version of Merlin installed. :)

Not to hijack Chris-tian's post, but in regard to my issue only - I messed up and confused the DSL and RT versions of the AC68U. I've since headed over to GNUton's thread and have a working version of Merlin installed. :)
Can you link me to the thread?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!