What's new

RT-AC86U Merlin asus BRICK???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phoenix34

New Around Here
Bonjour
voila j'explique mon probleme;
J'ai un asus RT-ac86u avec le dernier firmwar de chez merlin...

Donc j'installe Merlin et la tout tombe en panne .... plus de led sur le panneau d'affichage, aucun bouton du routeur ne fonctionne.
Donc je me connecte sur le routeur et j'essaye de voir de plus pres.... il n'y a plus de wifi activer , le vpn ne fonctionne plus etcetc...
Alors j'essaie de repasser sur la version officiel mais ça ne fonctionne pas ni par le routeur , ni par par manip debrancher ,reset et Firmware restauration.

Donc la question était quel serait la solution pour retrouver la base original?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bonjour et bienvenue,

Vous visitez un forum en anglais. Veuillez demander de poster votre question uniquement en anglais, sinon nous ne pouvons pas vous aidez.

If you're having trouble updating your router, please refer to the following page: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000814/ or https://www.asus.com/fr/support/faq/1000814/ (en français)

Make sure you have downloaded the correct firmware before proceeding!

Hello
here I explain my problem;
I have an asus RT-ac86u with the latest firmware from merlin ...

So I install Merlin and it all crashes .... no more leds on the display panel, no router buttons work.
So I connect to the router and I try to take a closer look .... there is no more wifi activated, the vpn no longer works etcetc ...
So I try to go back to the official version but it doesn't work either through the router, or through unplugging, reset and Firmware restoration.

So the question was what would be the solution to find the original base?
usb boot?

You're installing the wrong firmware. That is for the RT-AX86U, not the RT-AC86U.

Download the correct firmware and try again.

You're both correct, but as he said he has no working leds anymore and none of the buttons responds, I do stick to my advice to download the firmware restoration tool as posted previously... (in English as well as French).

Never contradicted what was posted above. :)

But we did verify that the wrong firmware has 'bricked' the router now.

How did you flash this AX firmware on your AC router?
Was it straight in router's own firmware upgrade page?

See this thread:
I don't know if you can do the recovery or not. If not, upgrade to newer AX86U router.

Oops! We run into some problems.
This member limits who may view their full profile.

:oops:
Thanks for the kind heads up. I think this is fixed now. Would you be so kind to check?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Would you be so kind to check?

Access to your profile is working, but the link is not clickable when in Signature. It also looks kind of suspicious - I usually don't click on shortened unknown links. Copy and paste in browser is even less likely action. Folks around may not know you have good intentions and very few will see the information.

Access to your profile is working, but the link is not clickable when in Signature. It also looks kind of suspicious - I usually don't click on shortened unknown links. Copy and paste in browser is even less likely action. Folks around may not know you have good intentions and very few will see the information.

I know, and right you are, but hyperlinks have apparently been blocked in signatures by Mr. Higgins, I assume. Would you feel better if I just pasted the full url? I went ahead and I've removed the shortened url and pasted the full url. Hope you sleep better tonight and rest assured that I have no interest in the temp settings of your IoT fridge powered by refurbished RT-AC86U's ;)

It's a new Asus heater I'm building from refurbished AC86Us. It has Wi-Fi and runs Asuswrt-Merlin. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!