What's new

RT-AC86U - Merlin FW Support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

miazza

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I see that Merling is now very much engaged into the new 388 that , at the time being, is supporting only Wifi 6 (AX) models which unlikely is not the case for the RT-AC86U.

Is there any chance that FW version 388 will be in the future ported also for RT-AC86U ?

Is there any chance that FW version 388 will be in the future ported also for RT-AC86U ?
388.1 Release notes
This code base is only available for AX models, AC models will stay on the 386.x code base. Asus hasn't added any of these to their End-of-Life list as of now, so that means they will still get updates, just not as frequently. Most of these models being 5-7 years old now, having reduced support isn't unreasonable (as opposed to competitors typically completely dropping ALL support within 2-4 years). On my end, I currently don't plan to drop support for these AC models for the time being, but as with upstream updates, these older models will get less frequent updates from me as well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!