What's new

RT-AC86U, no power after scheduled reboot.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zekesdad

Regular Contributor
So, I have my router scheduled to reboot every morning at 2 am. If i dont reboot the router daily, things just seem incredibly sluggish, especially Youtube and Netflix. So, i setup this schedule on sunday and for the first two days, I would wake up to "Connected, getting IP address" on my phone, so i would have to manually power cycle the router. For the past three days, when I have woken, every single light on the router has been off as if it was turned off but it wasn't and I've had to manually power cycle the router again. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

What firmware version people will want to know.
Also do you have any custom startup or shutdown scripts that might cause issues? Check Logs?

I have my AC56U reboot once a week. Seems to keep it from randomly spiraling out of control and locking up which used to happen about once a month or so. Never had any issues with the reboots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk