1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC86U, no power after scheduled reboot.

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by zekesdad, Nov 9, 2018.

1. zekesdad

zekesdad Regular Contributor

So, I have my router scheduled to reboot every morning at 2 am. If i dont reboot the router daily, things just seem incredibly sluggish, especially Youtube and Netflix. So, i setup this schedule on sunday and for the first two days, I would wake up to "Connected, getting IP address" on my phone, so i would have to manually power cycle the router. For the past three days, when I have woken, every single light on the router has been off as if it was turned off but it wasn't and I've had to manually power cycle the router again. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. jtp10181

jtp10181 Regular Contributor

What firmware version people will want to know.
    Also do you have any custom startup or shutdown scripts that might cause issues? Check Logs?

I have my AC56U reboot once a week. Seems to keep it from randomly spiraling out of control and locking up which used to happen about once a month or so. Never had any issues with the reboots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. TINZ

TINZ New Around Here

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!