What's new

RT-AC86U --> Spectrum

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ApexRon

Very Senior Member
Sometimes it helps to see a working WAN configuration for a specific ISP and I thought I would share.

Attachments

• RT-AC86U - Spectrum.jpg
    RT-AC86U - Spectrum.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 79
It would be nice if you shared something more readable. I can barely see your settings with 4 pixels high text.

Sometimes it helps to see a working WAN configuration for a specific ISP and I thought I would share.
+1 same settings but with DNS frequency set to aggressive (by default) and Rebind protection on, 9.9.9.9 as WAN dns, + 9.9.9.9 dns privacy default. But I enabled get dns from ISP on power cycle on firmware update just because I am behind CG-Nat.

Edit : ISP dns frequency

I will add the PDF
It would be nice if you shared something more readable. I can barely see your settings with 4 pixels high text.

Attachments

• RT-AC86U - Spectrum.pdf
    347.1 KB · Views: 50
+1 same settings but with DNS frequency set to aggressive (by default) and Rebind protection on, 9.9.9.9 as WAN dns, + 9.9.9.9 dns privacy default. But I enabled get dns from ISP on power cycle on firmware update just because I am behind CG-Nat.

Edit : ISP dns frequency
Is your ISP Spectrum?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!